Tuesday, March 4, 2008

I wish I were a girl and married !

It's happening!!

"You are currently using 2865 MB (99%) of your 2883 MB" is what my gmail account tells me disdainfully everytime i log in...

The unlimited e-mails dream seems to be coming to an end.

It is in times like this, that I ponder philosophically and find myself wishing that I were a girl and married.

If I were a girl and married, I could have simply opted for the new surname and opened a new e-mail account... stroking the male-ego (and the mail-ego) of my could-have-been husband and getting a brand new gmail account with an extremely plausible explanation for doing so!!

Shucks!!

And Abhishek Kumar happens to be such a common peasant name that all the Abhisheks have populated this planet, whether they are Kulkarnis or Khannas or Khandwals....

abhishekk, kabhishek, abhishekkumar, kumarabhishek, abhik, abhikumar, kumarabhi, kabhi, abhik are taken ; even... sheks, abhisheks are simply taken!!

If I were a girl and married to say a "Borkar"... I am sure abhishekborkar would be available... or abhishekzile or abhishekbangda.... of course, the debate continues if i would still be called abhishek if i were a girl... or if I would like to keep my original name

and single girls out there (if any) here is a word of advice... choose a guy with an extremely weird last name... it might make your life miserable... but will get you an excellent e-mail id !!

No comments: